Integrated Photonic Systems Architect
As a member of our Opto-Electronic Systems team, you will work on the design, fabrication and test of cutting edge integrated photonic devices and systems for a wide range of applications in the field of 5G, Satcom, Radar, LIDAR and quantum computing. In close collaboration with customers and project partners you will translate customer requirements into integrated photonic device/system architectures. In addition, as project leader you will manage the fabrication of the devices and systems, closely interacting with our IC design, fabrication and assembly teams and you will contribute to the experimental characterisation of these devices and systems together with your colleagues in the Opto-Electronic Systems team.
Your responsibilities are:
- Translate customer requirements into integrated photonic device/system architectures.
- Managing the IC design, fabrication and assembly track, closely interacting with the involved teams.
- Experimental evaluation of the integrated photonic devices/system
- Reporting and communication to the customer and project partners.
- Presenting results at conferences and journals, keeping the knowledge in this area up to date.
You will be part of the Opto-Electronic Systems team of LioniX International. This team works on the research and development of integrated photonic devices and systems for optical communication, sensing and microwave photonic signal processing. The team closely collaborates with customers and project partners on novel integrated photonic devices and systems with world-class performance, utilising the innovative LioniX photonic IC and photonic integration/assembly technologies. Together with customers and project partners, the team develops new system/device concepts using custom MATLAB and VPI system calculation tools. To achieve world-class performance in these concepts, novel PIC technologies with improved performance are defined and developed in close collaboration with the PIC design, fabrication and assembly teams of LioniX. The Opto-Electronic Systems team works towards the realisation of integrated photonics products for communication and sensing markets via collaborations with industry and by defining and executing R&D projects with university and industry partners along the LioniX Opto-Electronic Systems roadmap. The team members work closely together on all relevant topics and support each other where necessary. The team’s successes are realised by working accurately with passion and creativity in a positive team environment.
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics or comparable field of study.
- 3+ years of experience in integrated photonic technologies and/or systems with a strong set of experimental skills involving high-end photonic component/system test equipment.
- Experience with tools for integrated photonic components and systems design.
- Experience with one or more programming languages.
- Affinity with or knowledge of integrated (optical) circuit fabrication techniques.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- An applied research mindset with a focus to develop novel disruptive technologies.
- Team player who likes to take initiative and responsibility with a problem-solving mentality.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Dutch speaking or willing to learn to speak Dutch.
What LioniX International offers you
- Competitive salary
- Good terms of employment
- Company paid pension plan
- Company paid insurances
- Healthy work – life balance
- International working environment