Integrated Optics Designs Engineer
As a member of our photonics design team you will design cutting edge optical circuits for a diverse range of applications such as spectroscopy, metrology, augmented reality, quantum computing, and telecommunication. You will translate customer requirements into a photonic integrated chip through the design and simulation of optical waveguides and circuits and, finally, the creation of a mask layout. You interact with our fabrication team to ensure that the designs can be made and you are able to write detailed reports describing your simulations and designs.
Your responsibilities are:
- Translate customer requirements into a photonic IC design.
- Lead a project design by taking responsibilities for all tasks.
- Interact with the fabrication team for manufacturability or novel design ideas.
- Report your work to both internal and external parties.
You will be part of the photonics design team of LioniX International. This team is responsible for all the photonic designs for both commercial and research projects. Next to the photonics design, this team also has responsibility for designing and creating the electronics. As such this team is a central part of the design of photonic IC modules that LioniX International offers. The team is driven by people who balance secure and critical self-review and combine it with an open mindset towards helping others by sharing knowledge to create a positive team environment.
Please note: many of our staff are currently on holiday, so it may take up to three weeks to reply to your application. We appreciate your interest and will get back to you as soon as possible!
- M.Sc. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering, (Applied) Physics or comparable field of study.
- An ability to solve comprehensive and conceptually advanced problems.
- Excellent technical communication skills.
- Experience with optical design and layout tools (e.g. Lumerical, OptoDesigner, Photon Design, IPKISS, VPI) and used methods such as FDTD, BPM, Coupled Mode Theory etc.
- Experience with one or more programming languages.
- Affinity with or knowledge of integrated (optical) circuit fabrication techniques.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Dutch speaking or willing to learn to speak Dutch.
What LioniX International offers you
- Competitive salary
- Good terms of employment
- Company paid pension plan
- Company paid insurances
- Healthy work – life balance
- International working environment
- Contract for 1 FTE (40 hours)